Wipe & Update Discussion: August 14-15, 2016

This section contains all the announcements made by Fly For Sky staff members. Check here to see the latest Fly For Sky information from the staff.

Wipe & Update Discussion: August 14-15, 2016

Postby Reed10021 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:56 pm

These update discussions lets me know how everyone feels about some recent changes. So, let me know how you feel.

August 14, 2016 Changes
    The server was completely wiped. All previous accounts and characters don't exist anymore.
    •Level cap has been increased to level 200.
    •Re-ordered leveling areas. Coral Island contains monsters level 120 to 150, Aquanoras contains monsters 150 to 170, Aquatica contains monsters 170 to 190, and Divinium contains monsters 190 to 200.
    •Lord EXP has been reduced from 160% to 100%.
    •Amplification Scrolls have had their level requirements increased, and give less EXP.
    •Max Penya Rate and EXP awakens have been reduced from 50% to 25%.
    •Penya Rate and EXP Equipment Qualities have been reduced.
    •The Equipment Quality system was redone to allow me to easily add more stat variations.
    •The EXP Curve was made more difficult.
    •Monsters Lv 130+ were rebalanced.
    •Restored all monster spawns.
    •Added channels for Azria and Coral Island.
    •Skills points for 3rd Job Skills are now obtained normally (by leveling) instead of being given after the quest.
    •3rd Job Skills now have level requirements and skill requirements.
    •Reduced Happy Money obtained from voting. You now get 2000 instead of 3000.
    •Spectral Weapons are obtained at Lv 185 instead of Lv 188.
    •Fixed a bug where players could bypass the blinkwings for Carcem and Astral Cave.
    •Fixed a bug where the Class Change scroll wouldn't give skill points.
    •Fixed a bug where Item Quality scrolls and Sky High scrolls wouldn't give Sky Highs.
    •Fixed a bug where pets wouldn't properly pick up (or not pick up) Rare/Godly/Legendary/Sky High items.
    •Fixed a bug where Coral Island could be visited by characters who weren't level 120.
    •Fixed a bug where PK was still enabled.
    •Fixed a bug where the buffpang wouldn't buff players above level 195.
    •Fixed a bug where Coral Island would drop really low amounts of penya.

August 15, 2016 Changes
    •In order to vote, your character must be Master or higher.
    •The EXP Bar now shows 3 digits after the decimal instead of 2.
    •The old Altus, Pultain, and Regnem bosses are now located in Coral Island.
    •The level requirement on Coral Island is now 110.
    •Increased the level requirement on Crystal and Red Crystal Lusakas to 180 from 160.
    •Increased the level requirement on collecting to 60 from 30.
    •Lowered the EXP boost from cheer a bit.
    •Fixed a bug where the EXP bar would show negative and inaccurate percentages.
    •Fixed a bug where a Slayer skill couldn't be leveled.
    •Fixed a bug where the Spectral Weapons couldn't be equipped at 185.
Soon(TM).
Reed10021
Site Owner
Progress to next level:
100%

Re: Update Discussion: August 14, 2016

Postby xDxDxD » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 pm

There's a summary of the post's requests at the bottom if you're not a fan of reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As some others have said, I'd like to give a big (that tongue sound thing that you do to people when you prove them wrong) to the people who said that a wipe would destroy this server and that a change in things would cause the universe to implode.

As always, thanks to Reed for his work and to the people who suggest some of the things that he does that end up going well for everyone.

I'm personally much more at ease now with the game, knowing that we're in a fresh economy that hasn't been through 28 rate changes and farming reforms and duping bonanzas. I really like being on the same level as someone who might be joining the server for the first time today and fighting alongside a group of people that slowly becomes familiar as you level at the same pace, except sometimes they steal your mob and make you want to pursue a career in hacking in order to track them down and send them hateful mail and a bag of.. Well, these.

Now, let's get down to business. And defeat... The Huns..

In order to add an appropriate "curve" to the leveling experience, I believe that the prices in NPC's should be changed, and the free items you get from leveling should be different versions with no value at the NPC's.

(I'm prepared to be flamed, flame me).

I had a Perin or 2 before I was even 30, and the Greens in the NPC's cost so little, while the things in there are relatively easy to farm. I think that they should cost a good bit more for the laziness. This would, in turn, allow them to be sold for a good bit more at the same NPC's and make some pre 200 farming worth while, closing the gap a bit on the 35k Flury boots vs. the 20m fashion blessings.

On a similar note, it's no secret that it's cheapest to buy multiples of items from the NPC's to awaken, rather than buy a 5m reversion each time. Since we could Hotkey Augs for the annoying ordeal that they were put through for a minute there, I'd like to ask for Awakening scrolls to be hotkey-able so that awakening 6 rows of hats doesn't end up with me dropping about 9 that I didn't mean to drop and switching their places every time I try to go back and click the scroll again.

Also for leveling, I'm not sure if it's a fault in the coding or an EFlyFF method to make Seraph lives matter- but, it's quite annoying for your buffs to lose almost all of their time when you crash or relog, and also a little depressing when they were GM buffs or something. In addition to this, I'd like to add that an increase in heal values for all of the Assist's/RM's/Seraph's healing skills was requested and a mostly favored proposal.

Now that I think about it, another server has it so that any mob actively following another player has the "You can't attack a monster that's on another target" or whatever that makes it so that people can't KS your mob. Seeing as this is an anti-PK server, mob stealing is a pretty unfair feature, 'cuz we can't just 1hit that annoying guy who's at mobs that are 20 levels above him and stealing your EXP. If this is possible, I'm sure it'd be highly favored by those with morals.

Requests:
  • Change the value of the free items from leveling to 1 Penya at the NPC's
  • Change the value of Greens in the NPC so people have to farm for them or stick to non-greens
  • Make Awakening (and Reversion?) scrolls hoykey-able
  • Make it so that 3/4 buff time isn't lost on crash/relog
  • Make heal skills matter
  • Anti KS measures
Request fashion edits here!
xDxDxD
Level 37: Manager Cardpuppet
Progress to next level:
40%

Postby Abigaill » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 pm

xDxDxD » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 pm wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Requests:
  • Change the value of Greens in the NPC so people have to farm for them or stick to non-greens
  • Anti KS measures

Selling the free items you dont need is a way of getting some starting penya and may thwart the beggars a little.

WRT to the greens, the statted vagrant set you get is better than most of the greens under 105 IMHO. I have no interest in buying or farming them.

WRT to the awakenings, I guess it's been a while since I awakend anything - was there always all the negative awakes?
Feels more like eflyff. Why not lower the price of the reversion scroll? .. or get rid of the negative awakes.

As some others have said, I'd like to give a big (that tongue sound thing that you do to people when you prove them wrong) to the people who said that a wipe would destroy this server and that a change in things would cause the universe to implode.

I think you mean 'razz'
Image[/URL][/img]
Abigaill
Level 81: Captain Iren
Progress to next level:
50%

Postby xDxDxD » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Abigaill » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:24 pm wrote:
xDxDxD » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 pm wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Requests:
  • Anti KS measures

Selling the free items you dont need is a way of getting some starting penya and may thwart the beggars a little.

WRT to the greens, the statted vagrant set you get is better than most of the greens under 105 IMHO. I have no interest in buying or farming them.

WRT to the awakenings, I guess it's been a while since I awakend anything - was there always all the negative awakes?
Feels more like eflyff. Why not lower the price of the reversion scroll? .. or get rid of the negative awakes.

I think you mean 'razz'

The free items were there before the wipe, and we had beggars still, and will have beggars again, and probably even have some already. There's no way to really douse them besides making it a rule not to beg, as some servers have. (One even went to the lengths of censoring out Tagalog.) I don't really think we should bend to them in a case where the whole functionality of something is at hand.

I thought about suggesting a reform to what the greens add, but I guess that enough of them matter if you want to have the slightest advantage so much that people bother looking at what they do. Leveling isn't quite slow enough for all of the transitionals to matter. (I definitely don't mean that I want this to change.)

Negative awakenings are a bit silly when they're just insult to injury at how basically meaningless the common awakenings are.

And yeah! That.
xDxDxD
Progress to next level:
40%

Re: Wipe & Update Discussion: August 14, 2016

Postby lalox3 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:57 am

Hey Reed :)

Ummmm...

Super rare sky high are not really rare, I get by every aoe 2 of them, but it happend now and change would be not fair to new player.

Leveling is okay, but to less exp for me, and coral island is too hard, I thought when u say hard you don't mean that's impossible to aoe at coral island.

I would enjoy when you can change the party finder and put to the screen to see which skills are aktiv.
lalox3
Level 4: Small Mushpang
Progress to next level:
0%

Postby Ravana » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:20 am

•The server was completely wiped. All previous accounts and characters don't exist anymore.
Good
•Level cap has been increased to level 200.
Unknown, havent reached it
•Re-ordered leveling areas. Coral Island contains monsters level 120 to 150, Aquanoras contains monsters 150 to 170, Aquatica contains monsters 170 to 190, and Divinium contains monsters 190 to 200.
Good
•Lord EXP has been reduced from 160% to 100%.
Good
•Amplification Scrolls have had their level requirements increased, and give less EXP.
Great
•Max Penya Rate and EXP awakens have been reduced from 50% to 25%.
Good
•Penya Rate and EXP Equipment Qualities have been reduced.
Good
•The Equipment Quality system was redone to allow me to easily add more stat variations.
Good
•The EXP Curve was made more difficult.
Great
•Monsters Lv 130+ were rebalanced.
Good
•Restored all monster spawns.
Super
•Added channels for Azria and Coral Island.
Good
•Skills points for 3rd Job Skills are now obtained normally (by leveling) instead of being given after the quest.
Good
•3rd Job Skills now have level requirements and skill requirements.
Good
•Reduced Happy Money obtained from voting. You now get 2000 instead of 3000.
Will see
•Spectral Weapons are obtained at Lv 185 instead of Lv 188.
Doesnt matter
•Fixed a bug where players could bypass the blinkwings for Carcem and Astral Cave.
Doesnt matter, I considered it feature and used while it remained still
Ravana
Progress to next level:
40%

Postby Kumi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 am

Reed Please lower the required level for Spectral Weapons. Sorry to say but it's kinda useless I guess? since we can get Red Lusakas at 165, Lusaka Gold Platinum at 185. I believe when we reach 185. We can afford to buy to buy either of the two. So Spectral weapon at 185 doesn't make sense?
Kumi
Progress to next level:
66.7%

Postby xDxDxD » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:59 am

Kumi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:38 am wrote:Reed Please lower the required level for Spectral Weapons. Sorry to say but it's kinda useless I guess? since we can get Red Lusakas at 165, Lusaka Gold Platinum at 185. I believe when we reach 185. We can afford to buy to buy either of the two. So Spectral weapon at 185 doesn't make sense?
or raise Lusaka requirements to 195-200?
xDxDxD
Progress to next level:
40%

Postby Lynx » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:13 pm

xDxDxD » 15 Aug 2016, 16:59 wrote:
Kumi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:38 am wrote:Reed Please lower the required level for Spectral Weapons. Sorry to say but it's kinda useless I guess? since we can get Red Lusakas at 165, Lusaka Gold Platinum at 185. I believe when we reach 185. We can afford to buy to buy either of the two. So Spectral weapon at 185 doesn't make sense?
or raise Lusaka requirements to 195-200?

If so, better do it now then later xD
Lynx
Lynx
Level 17: Nyangnyang
Progress to next level:
0%

Postby lalox3 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:47 pm

I played before wipe and I was happy that wipe happend.
BUT if I read that the mobs getting tougher, I didn't thought you made this shit. No, not the experience, that's not the point, the mobs they are fucking shit. -.-
lalox3
Progress to next level:
0%

Next

Return to Announcements