The Future

This section contains all the announcements made by Fly For Sky staff members. Check here to see the latest Fly For Sky information from the staff.

The Future

Postby Reed10021 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 am

Today will be the last day Fly For Sky is online. The server will shutdown at 12 AM on February 1, Server Time.
Funding for the server has run out. Donations from 3 or 4 generous individuals has gotten us close to the required amount to keep it up another month, but that leads us to the next issue at hand.

The server is in a poor state. This is my own fault. I haven't been updating the server and keeping my promise of new content.
Somewhere along the way, I lost my drive for the server. It's not fun to do this anymore. As a result, it's my decision to shutdown the server.

All donations received recently will be refunded, unless the donator absolutely does not want it back. In this case, the donation will be put towards keeping the website up.
Right now, the website is funded until the 15th of February. The website will stay up until then, unless people want to keep it up as a sort of general community.
The Discord will also stay up.

I'm sorry I let you guys down. It's a difficult decision, but in the end it's the right decision. We had a good run, probably better than most. To keep going now at the server's current state would only tarnish the good memories.
Everything has an ending. Yet, in every ending lies a new beginning.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this post.

Thank you for playing, and I wish happiness for you all in the future.

F
Fly For Sky: March 2009 - January 2019.
Reed10021
Site Owner
Progress to next level:
100%

Re: The Future

Postby Soleim » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:52 am

Thank you for everything Reed. It was a pleasure to be apart of the team <3
IGN(s):
@Soleim
@Sol
Infamous 2015.
Soleim
Game Manager
Progress to next level:
100%

Postby Solaire » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 am

Thank you for all the good times and even the bad times I've had on this server. It's been a blast.
I wish you all the best for your future projects.
Thank you.
Solaire
Helper GM
Progress to next level:
100%

Postby hajima » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 am

As Soleim said, thank you for everything and allowing me to be part of the team! It was a great run and I'll never forget the memories I was able to make here on this server. I hope you're able to/ already found something you're passionate about and have the drive to do because in the end... having fun is definitely what matters when it comes to games :)

Good luck on all your future endeavors! :Heart:
Image 問題ない Image
ıllıllı нajιмa ıllıllı
hajima
Game Manager
Progress to next level:
100%

Postby Vexstan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 am

It truly is a bummer to see this server shut down but in the end, im sure we all can understand where you're coming from with this decision. I've had a lot of great times with this server and met a lot of awesome people, honestly it's been one of the best private flyff servers I've played. It's always hard to say good bye but until we meet again, Stay Gold.
Vexstan
Level 12: Captain Doridoma
Progress to next level:
75%

Postby N00B » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Trying to keep this short and sweet as I'm on my phone.

I just want to thank Reed from the bottom of my heart for the 8-9 years I've been here I've never regretted a single day playing. I'm sure everyone can agree that you've been an amazing owner and have treated Sky like your little child.

All good good things must come to an end, however if in the future you do decide to come back to Sky or any other new venture I'm sure we'll be right behind you backing you 100%.

I would also like to thank the community and my fellow GMs (even though I've been Mia for a year) for the amazing opportunity I've had to be a Head GM.

Regards
N00B/Iky
N00B
Head Game Manager
Progress to next level:
100%

Postby Mad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:03 pm

I'm sad to see the server go..
makes me want to cry to be honest (<-- not being honest, i am crying)
but All good things must come to an end i suppose

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Reed, Sky was one of the few places i made friends,
with age i may forget it but i will likely cherish the memories until than.

And thanks for putting up with me for the past 7 years it's been a very slow yet fun ride. ^^
Mad
Game Manager
Progress to next level:
100%

Postby Lofty » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:19 pm

What to say?
This sucks.
Thanks for sharing your Camelot while it lasted.
Lofty
Head Game Manager
Progress to next level:
100%

Postby GOLD » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:38 pm

THE BEST SERVER I EVER PLAYED!
Thank you for the memories. I made real friends in this server, its been years since we last played in this server bcoz we need to focus irl but we still keep in touch.
Thank you sir reed and everyone. Goodluck!
GOLD
Level 1: Small Aibatt
Progress to next level:
33.3%

Postby forceedge11 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:38 pm

Gives me the chills. Thank you so much for everything and all! Thank you for players who helped me as well, the GMs. Thank you!
forceedge11
Level 5: Mushpang
Progress to next level:
33.3%

Next

Return to Announcements